With more than 170 years of experience, Lad Lake is an expert in the field of residential treatment. Lad Lake staff works tirelessly, with the whole family, to help stabilize crisis. Together, staff rely on a family-focused approach that embraces a positive youth culture and builds on a child’s strengths in a safe and healthy environment.
Our research indicates that nearly all (92%) of Lad Lake youth in residential care have lived through multiple traumatic events. Many have lived through severe neglect. Some have been abused. Others witnessed violence. Nearly all experience psychological challenges. In fact, the vast majority (70%) of Lad Lake youth struggle with mental health conditions like anxiety, depression and PTSD.
Lad Lake’s trauma-informed evidence-based programs and caring staff are a critical component to helping youth succeed. Lad Lake residents and students are able to heal in a safe and therapeutic environment and benefit from:
- Strength-based approach
- Psychiatric services
- Specialized therapies including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), art and equine therapies
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (MET/CBT5)
- Onsite staff trained in trauma-sensitive care utilizing the Risking Connections Model
- Therapeutic groups helping youth develop skills to handle life’s challenges including Mindfulness practices, Emotional Regulation and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy.
87% of youth at Lad Lake have improved in managing their mental health condition
When youth enter into the safe, supportive Lad Lake environment, they (and their family) have access to many mental health resources, including:
- Individual therapy
- Psychoeducational groups
- Family Therapy
- Parent Support/ Education
- Crisis support staff and counselors
- Spirituality Support Groups (voluntary)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Therapeutic Recreation and supervised community activities
- Psychiatric Care
- Nursing services
- Occupational Therapy
For More Information please Contact