For over 170 years, Lad Lake has evolved to meet our community’s most pressing needs. When you make a financial contribution to Lad Lake, you not only address the needs vulnerable youth and teens, you also invest in addressing some of our community’s most challenging problems today including:
At Lad Lake, our mission is to guide the growth of at-risk youth so that they can reach their potential and live responsibly. Whether it’s support for foster kids, mentors for developmentally-challenged youth, teachers for struggling students, or counselors for exploited and abused girls, Lad Lake’s expert team relies on a trauma-informed and family-focused approach that cultivates stability and self-reliance for more than 1,100 youth and their families every year.
Additional giving opportunities
If you are looking to make a lasting impact on thousands of youth and teens while creating lasting change in our communities, there are multiple ways you can contribute to Lad Lake. Together, we can see that kids get a second chance in life, and the opportunities they need to succeed.
Kettle Classic Run.Bike.Hike event is an opportunity to support the mission of Lad Lake and enjoy the scenic beauty of our grounds and surrounding Kettle Moraine area. Three different cycle routes for the beginner and experienced cyclist are offered, 5k competitive run and a family hike are all followed by a delicious lunch.
Please join us Saturday June 18, 2022. For more information contact Bridgett Brown - BridgettBrown@ladlake.org.
Bright Lights / Big Dreams -Our annual gala is an opportunity to support the mission of Lad Lake and celebrate the successes, trials and triumphs of many Lad Lake youth. The event features a silent auction, delicious food and the chance to meet many shining, young people that have overcome enormous difficulties and vividly demonstrate Lad Lake’s healing mission.
For more information please contact Bridgett Brown - BridgettBrown@ladlake.org.
There are many ways to fit charitable giving into your overall estate planning. A Lad Lake legacy gift guarantees that the issues that matter to you continue to be supported in your family name, long after you’re gone. Following are a few examples of legacy gifts; many of which also allow you to save on taxes including:
- Charitable gift annuity
- Charitable bequest
- Stocks and bonds
- Retirement assets
- Charitable remainder trust
- Real estate
- Life insurance
To learn more about how you can leave a legacy for our community's most at-risk youth, please please Contact David Borash, DavidBorash@ladlake.org, 414-339-8910.
There are many ways to create lasting positive change in the lives of the youth in care at Lad Lake. When you give, you can direct your gift to a cause close to your heart, or let Lad Lake determine how to make the greatest impact. You can direct your gift to one or more of the following areas:
- Traumatized and Abused Youth – At Lad Lake, 95% of the youth in our care have been severely neglected, abused or traumatized. Whether it’s support for foster kids, mentors for developmentally-challenged youth, teachers for struggling students, or counselors for exploited and abused girls, your contribution to Lad Lake will help cultivate stability and self-reliance.
- Education – Your donation can help purchase school supplies, support special education and offer special services like onsite counselors and therapists for students most at-risk of dropping out of school, struggling with addictions, or diagnosed with a mental health condition. Together, we can help students learn, recover credits, improve grades and achieve academic success.
- Sexually Exploited Girls – Your gift can provide a variety of therapies and services to girls who have been sexually exploited or abused. From art to equine therapy, to the area’s only 24/7 residential care facility for youth survivors of sex trafficking, your dollars will go directly to help girls heal and give them the second chance they deserve.
- Spiritual Growth - Through a unique partnership with spiritual leaders from local churches, Lad Lake offers an optional program for the traumatized youth in our care. Your gift will help young people who seek to explore their spirituality, and find renewal and spiritual strength as they work toward healing and recovery.
Questions about how to designate your gift to a specific Lad Lake service? Contact David Borash, Director of Development at DavidBorash@ladlake.org.
Whether you’re looking to help become a mentor, want to help out at a fundraising event or just want to provide some extra assistance around campus, there are lots of ways for you to get involved and make a difference! Volunteers play a critical role in supporting Lad Lake and the youth in our care. From helping with fundraising events, to collecting items for our food or clothing pantry, there are many ways to get involved. Contact Bridgett Brown- BridgettBrown@ladlake.org.