For over 150 years, Lad Lake has evolved to meet our community’s most pressing needs. When you give to Lad Lake, you not only address the needs vulnerable youth and teens, you also invest in addressing some of our community’s most challenging problems today including:
• Increasing Family Stability
• Preventing Youth Homelessness
• Improving Youth Mental Health
• Counseling Youth Survivors of Sexual Violence
• Decreasing Youth Alcohol and Drug Addictions
• Preventing High School Failures
At Lad Lake, our mission is to guide the growth of at-risk youth so that they can reach their potential and live responsibly. Whether it’s support for foster kids, mentors for developmentally-challenged youth, teachers for struggling students, or counselors for exploited and abused girls, Lad Lake’s expert team relies on a trauma-informed and family-focused approach that cultivates stability and self-reliance for more than 1,200 youth and their families every year.
If you are looking to make a lasting impact on thousands of youth and teens while creating lasting change in our communities, please consider a donation to Lad Lake today. Together, we can see that kids get a second chance in life, and the opportunities they need to succeed.
Lad Lake Program Results
- Youth who have aged out of foster care without a permanent family who are in Lad Lake’s Connections program are twice as likely to go to college, than those who do not.
- Result Statistic #2 (recover credits)
- Result Statistic #3 (# of survivors reunited with families after counseling)
- Result Statistic #4 (residential result?)
How to Donate
There are many ways to create lasting positive change in the lives of the youth in care at Lad Lake. When you give, you can direct your gift to a cause close to your heart, or give to Lad Lake to determine how to make the greatest impact. You can direct your gift to one or more of the following areas:
- Traumatized and Abused Youth – At Lad Lake, 95% of the youth in our care have been severely neglected, abused or traumatized. All of the Lad Lake programs work within a trauma-sensitive approach to help these young people heal and recover. Whether it’s support for foster kids, mentors for developmentally-challenged youth, teachers for struggling students, or counselors for exploited and abused girls, your contribution to Lad Lake will help cultivate stability and self-reliance for more than 1,200 youth and their families every year.
- Education – Your donation can help purchase school supplies, support special education and offer special services like onsite counselors and therapists for students most at-risk of dropping out of school, struggling with addictions, or diagnosed with a mental health condition. Together, we can help students learn, recover credits, improve grades and achieve academic success.
- Sexually Exploited Girls – Your gift can provide a variety of therapies and services to girls who have been sexually exploited or abused. From art to equine therapy, to the area’s only 24/7 residential care facility for youth survivors of sex trafficking, your dollars will go directly to help girls heal and give them the second chance they deserve.
- Employment and Job Skills Training – Your gift to Lad Lake helps youth most at-risk of homelessness by teaching soft skills, such as resume-building and interviewing. Lad Lake’s work development programs help youth who have struggled in life, but are now working toward gainful employment and financial independence. Your gift will also help offer tutoring and financial support for former foster kids who never found a permanent family and help them fulfill their dreams of higher education and independence.
- Spiritual Growth - Through a unique partnership with spiritual leaders from local churches, Lad Lake offers an optional program for the traumatized youth in our care. Your gift will help young people who seek to explore their spirituality, and find renewal and spiritual strength as they work toward healing and recovery.